Praise from a new fan for BEYOND DIAMOND RINGS

Appreciation is nothing short of Manna from the heavens for an author.  And if an old book is read, pleasure is more than doubled.

“I always wanted to know about the partition from people who lived through it, perhaps because I come from a migrated family too.
But each time I went to Pakistan and asked my paternal or maternal grandparents, I got vague answers or an eloquent silence. Now I understand maybe, it was too painful for them or I was too young to listen to their stories….”  Wrote Zoya Tariq after reading my 2009 novel BEYOND DIAMOND RINGS.
Appreciation is nothing short of Manna from the heavens for an author.  And if an old book is read, pleasure is more than doubled.

Recallling her reactions to the novel, a post Partition generational saga of how the migration enabled strong women from each succeeding generation of Sindhi women to evolve from home makers  into global citizens, Zoya Tariq had this to say:
Maya's plot hooked me from the beginning. It has to be my favorite among all.   Also, loved the chapter 'Card Room Confidences'. The confessions were quick and it was interesting to see how the conversation was flowing.
Pinocchio was painful. I loved how the stories went around five generations, from Dadi to Nikita, Nina and to their children.
I remember you telling us that each one story shows how the women comes out as the powerful one, not the weaker sex.
It was quite hopeful and rather strange to see men as the needy one in some way or the other. Not the typical 'I'm greater than you and I make all the decisions'              Thank you for writing this book.”

Certainly made  more than one of my days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Age-old Patriarchy??

Deepika Vs Madhuri

Where do we go? Pitralok Congames?